Thanks for your interest!
Administrative Assistant - Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary
NOAA’s Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary is seeking a qualified candidate to provide part- time administrative and program support.
Administrative Assistant - Duties & Responsibilities (20 hours week, 8:30am-12:30pm, M-F)
• Answer phones, check general voicemail box daily, answer or route calls/messages as needed
• Greet all visitors and assist them with their needs; answer front door; un/lock front door
• Reserve conference rooms & vehicles , assist others in doing so
• Assist Superintendent with office needs; maintain calendar, schedule meetings, etc.
• Manage vehicle fleet, get vehicles cleaned and serviced as required
• Maintain office calendar and phone list; update, print phone list and distribute as required
• Maintain office key log; sign-in and sign-out/in keys as required
• Manage the mailroom/box, accept and sort deliveries; assist with mailings of outreach materials;
add money to postage machine
• Assist with UPS packaging and pick-up; schedule or drop-off as needed; order supplies
• Manage and organize supplies and supply room, including ordering and stocking office, printer and plotter supplies. Return used printer cartridges; recycle used supplies and batteries
• Assist all staff with printing, faxing, and finding supplies.
• Assist IT department with property inventory and excess electronics disposal
• Manage media/IT equipment check-out list/process
• Upload images to Image Database, assist program staff with locating imagery
• Support all Staff meetings (send reminders, develop agendas, take notes and distribute
• Meet time & attendance requirements (send reminders, enter into online Web T&A system)
• Support office travel; reserve flights, hotels & vehicles, create travel orders, process vouchers; respond to travel related requests from HQ, and provide a weekly travel update to the deputy superintendent
• Serve as contact person for janitors, exterminator, safety, fire department, Park Service, etc.
• Employee enrichment - Assist with new employees plan team-building days
• Maintain employee birthday list; assist with monthly celebrations;
• Assist with logistics (e.g find venues, transportation, RSVPs), facilitation (e.g. note-taking, presentation set-up), and support (e.g. pick-up meals, make coffee) for office and Advisory
• Assist all staff with administrative needs as required; e,g printing documents, shipping packages, locating forms, or ordering specialty supplies. Turn off/on heat as weather dictates.
• Assist with Web site maintenance
• Coordinate the office Green Team (schedule meetings, emissions audit, implement Action Plan)
• Raise & take down flags on all good weather days
• Maintain building sign-in sheet; sign in all visitors
The Administrative Assistant is a member of the Greater Farallones Sanctuary Program Operations Team and will report to the Coordinator of that team.
The person will work 20-hours per week, from 8:30am to 12:30pm, Monday through Friday at the Headquarters office on Crissy Field in San Francisco, CA.
The Administrative Assistant will sit in the Sanctuary Front Office, which is open to the public on a daily basis. Sanctuary staff, visitors and partners frequent this area each day. Periodic travel in the Bay area is required. Some lifting and moving of documents, displays, and materials will also be required.
The ability to have friendly interactions with the staff and the general public is required. Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills are required. Advanced organizational skills are essential. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe Dreamweaver experience not essential but preferred. Must have a valid driver license and ability to drive a motor vehicle in CA. Interest in marine wildlife and environment is a plus.
$18,720/year ($18/hour, not to exceed 1040 hours per year).
The Administrative Assistant will be hired through the Greater Farallones Association.
Applications are due by mail or email by Oct 9, 2015. Write “Job Application” on envelope or in email subject line. Interviews conducted Oct 12-23, 2015. Target start date is Nov 2, 2015. Qualified individuals should provide a statement of interest, resume, and short list of references to:
Greater Farallones National Marine Sanctuary 991 Marine Drive, The Presidio, San Francisco, CA 94129
(415) 561-6622 x200 or Carolyn.Gibson@noaa.gov